YOUR MONEY IS NO GOOD HERE (print) - 11” x 17”
YOUR MONEY IS NO GOOD HERE uses a simple interaction model. Participants interact with the sculpture by first inserting a coin of their choosing, which is immediately spit out and returned to them upon insertion. Subsequently, a receipt printer attached to the sculpture prints a record of the transaction, including the words “YOUR MONEY IS NO GOOD HERE” and a QR code. Participants who scan the code will be sent to a random non-monetary economic model. In this spirit, the work leverages existing paradigms and everyday interactions within capitalism to raise awareness of wildly different alternatives.
Invisible Labor - Carnation Contemporary
-  Federici, Silvia. "From commoning to debt: Financialization, microcredit, and the changing architecture of capital accumulation." South Atlantic Quarterly 113, no. 2 (2014): 231-244.
-  Fine, Ben, and Alfredo Saad-Filho. "Thirteen things you need to know about neoliberalism." Critical Sociology 43, no. 4-5 (2017): 685-706.
-  Berlinski, Claire. There is no alternative: Why Margaret Thatcher matters. Basic Books, 2011.
-  Fisher, Mark. Capitalist realism: Is there no alternative?. John Hunt Publishing, 2009.
-  Castells, Manuel. Another Economy is Possible: Culture and Economy in a Time of Crisis. Germany: Polity Press, 2017.
-  Wright, Erik Olin. Envisioning Real Utopias. United Kingdom: Verso Books, 2010.